Why this matters
Idahoans need accurate news and data about education because:
- Idaho spends $1.8 billion taxpayer dollars per year on public education.
- Idahoans rank education as their No. 1 priority. Still, Idaho student achievement has stagnated.
- Idaho's state budget grew by 12 percent the past three years while the public schools budget grew by 20 percent.
- Idaho has seen no significant growth on standardized tests and most students perform below standards in math.
- 1 in 4 Idaho children are not reading at grade level, according to the elementary reading test.